This project didn't accomplish most of the goals we set for it, sadly. We got the start screen working, the bear moving, but the ending the game was the difficult part. Our text had errors and ended up getting erased from the game, the credits are in, but don't appear properly. There were many more problems than we found solutions with our skills and time.
It seemed like everything we set was realistic. We narrowed it down to only one decision in one level, we focused on a specific one, cut the idea of voice acting from the game to streamline things, etc. The game features a cool art style, but we couldn't get it to look right everywhere.
We had trouble getting the bear to move, and eventually figured that out (with your help Heagney). We didn't get the credits working properly, had all of our text that was put into the game get lost somehow. Either they became red errors and we couldn't figure out how to resolve them, or didn't save properly, we aren't really sure. It took us a while to figure out how to get the images to appear correctly as cardboard cutouts, and for the other side to work correctly, especially with the signposts. Everything that could've gone wrong seems to have went wrong haha. I even couldn't figure out how to get the installer to work today, despite spending hours following along with the instructional videos, editing the wizard splash page icons in photoshop, etc. I guess I just couldn't figure it out in the end.
If I've learned anything this semester its these three things: plan ahead, test everything regularly, and manage workflow more meticulously. If I was going to implement these changes in a hypothetical next semester, which I probably will with Capstone, I would finish the game design document ASAP, make a set schedule for my team to follow(including myself), and then oversee everything within reason. Don't want to micromanage my team and annoy them, but also don't want to end up where things don't get done. Everything is a learning experience, especially when things go wrong. I think I've learned a good bit this semester.